1979 Datsun 2 + 2 Comp Coupe
I'm selling this car for my friend's wife. My friend recently passed away from cancer. He started this project about 6 years ago and never got to finish his dream of running at Bonneville. It started as a 1979 Datsun 2+2 that has been chopped and stretched. The wheel base is 136" and it is 17 ft. long overall. The chassis was built by Tom Medlock who owned Specialty cars in Southern Ca. The chassis was built with the intentions of going over 300MPH, so it's built like a tank. The car was built for a large driver (300 LBS) and will accept almost any motor and trans. combo but is currently set up for SBC. It has a complete set of new tires and wheels. The rear was going to be a four link but doesn't have a rear end. The front suspension is coil over four link with a Vega steering box and Wilwood hubs. It has a large aluminum seat made by Creative Aluminum. It's a great project that's got the hard parts already done.
Includes a build book that documents the building of the car thus far, and an SCTA (Southern California Timing Association; the sanctioning body for land speed records) log book that goes with the car.
Completion assistance is available from the race shop which assisted with the car to this point.
- 2- New 28" Goodyear D2286 tires
- 2- New 23" Goodyear D2283 tires
- 2- New Mike Cook steel 15" rear wheels with 5 on 4 ¾" bolt pattern
- 4- New Ken Huff 15" aluminum wheels with 5 on 4 ¾" bolt pattern
- New CSR electric water pump
- Wilwood front hubs
- 2- Coil over shocks
- Front and rear Chassis shop aluminum motor plates for Chevy
- New CNC clutch and Brake Pedal assembly
- 3- New ESS 10LB fire bottles with install kits.
- New Vega steering box